CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
SP-01 Tactical, P-07 w/Kadet Conversion, 97BD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good grief, people! I belong to a lot of different gun forums for various brands and shooting disciplines. I can say that, without a doubt, the CZ community is the least dynamic, least active of all of them! What’s going on? Why aren’t people more excited about our CZ’s and talking about them?

And it’s not just here...the other CZ forums are equally dead. Just look at the forum lists...some haven’t been touched in months (or longer)! Yet I can go onto someplace like Sig Talk or The High Road and there are new posts every 5 minutes. This could (and should) be such a great resource for people who own and love CZ’s, but instead it’s just crickets. 🦗

It’s just puzzling that no one seems to want to talk about their CZ’s (or anything else for that matter), when other gun communities are so active. I was hoping to learn a lot more about my CZ guns, but there seem to be more CZ posts on the Sig forums than there are here. 🙁

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know what you are saying.
It seems that even the administrators don't participate here.
I tried to start a new thread a couple of days ago and it is still showing to be awaiting approval before being displayed publicly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’ve wondered this several times myself if you love your czs like I do I could talk about them non stop. But yes it’s hard to find allot of activity going on or info on both the CZ forums I’m on

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’ve wondered this several times myself if you love your czs like I do I could talk about them non stop. But yes it’s hard to find allot of activity going on or info on both the CZ forums I’m on
There is another CZ forum....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The CZ Forum is as dead as this one. The “Original” CZ Forum is a little better, but it still pales in comparison to the traffic and variety on the forums for other gun communities.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The CZ Forum is as dead as this one. The “Original” CZ Forum is a little better, but it still pales in comparison to the traffic and variety on the forums for other gun communities.
Yeah I don’t know there’s allot less of CZ guys out there as well compared to the others.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good grief, people! I belong to a lot of different gun forums for various brands and shooting disciplines. I can say that, without a doubt, the CZ community is the least dynamic, least active of all of them! What’s going on? Why aren’t people more excited about our CZ’s and talking about them?

And it’s not just here...the other CZ forums are equally dead. Just look at the forum lists...some haven’t been touched in months (or longer)! Yet I can go onto someplace like Sig Talk or The High Road and there are new posts every 5 minutes. This could (and should) be such a great resource for people who own and love CZ’s, but instead it’s just crickets. 🦗

It’s just puzzling that no one seems to want to talk about their CZ’s (or anything else for that matter), when other gun communities are so active. I was hoping to learn a lot more about my CZ guns, but there seem to be more CZ posts on the Sig forums than there are here. 🙁
Sorry, busy working to support illegal aliens, millennials, and the others who believe they’re entitled to my taxes. Oh, and ammo isn’t cheap these days. When I’m not working, sleeping, looking for ammo deals or shooting my CZ Bren 2 7.62, CZ Scorpion Micro, or multiple CZ75 PO1 Compacts... I’m staring at my suppressed HK MR762 A1 I have on lay away. They let me have conjugal visits with her at the range until my stamp comes in and it’s paid off. I hope you understand.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry, busy working to support illegal aliens, millennials, and the others who believe they’re entitled to my taxes. Oh, and ammo isn’t cheap these days. When I’m not working, sleeping, looking for ammo deals or shooting my CZ Bren 2 7.62, CZ Scorpion Micro, or multiple CZ75 PO1 Compacts... I’m staring at my suppressed HK MR762 A1 I have on lay away. They let me have conjugal visits with her at the range until my stamp comes in and it’s paid off. I hope you understand.
Lmao I like it sounds allot like myself. What barrel length Bren 2 in 7.62 do you have and do you feed it Russian steel case?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lmao I like it sounds allot like myself. What barrel length Bren 2 in 7.62 do you have and do you feed it Russian steel case?
No, never. I know it can eat it up like no tomorrow, but why damage my barrel during these times. I have several thousand rounds on stand by though. I chose the 14” barrel and regret it. I should have just went with the 10”. I did pick up some of that Maxim TUI ammo recently designed specifically for short barrels. Looking forward to mixing up some gelatin and testing it myself. I put a VCOG on it, but will be putting that on the HK when she’s free. I have an EOTECH that will be replacing it. Do you have one and if so, have you used the steel cased ammo and what are the consequences? I am curious.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, never. I know it can eat it up like no tomorrow, but why damage my barrel during these times. I have several thousand rounds on stand by though. I chose the 14” barrel and regret it. I should have just went with the 10”. I did pick up some of that Maxim TUI ammo recently designed specifically for short barrels. Looking forward to mixing up some gelatin and testing it myself. I put a VCOG on it, but will be putting that on the HK when she’s free. I have an EOTECH that will be replacing it. Do you have one and if so, have you used the steel cased ammo and what are the consequences? I am curious.
I've seen plenty of concern expressed over the impact of steel cased ammo on extractors -- but I've never heard anyone worried about the barrel. Are you talking about corrosive primer ammo? That would worry me about barrel damage -- but non-corrosive steel cased ammo wouldn't be a concern. (And I shoot it in my AK and AR platforms all the time with no issues.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did misspeak regarding corrosive vs. non corrosive steel case ammo. I still don’t use it and it sits in a closet. I rarely have the luxury of shooting outside. I have to drive for couple hours to do so and not a single range near me allows steel cased ammo. What do you know about Tula? I’m not an expert on it and won’t pretend to be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did misspeak regarding corrosive vs. non corrosive steel case ammo. I still don’t use it and it sits in a closet. I rarely have the luxury of shooting outside. I have to drive for couple hours to do so and not a single range near me allows steel cased ammo. What do you know about Tula? I’m not an expert on it and won’t pretend to be.
I've used Tula. The only issue I ever experienced was that my Charter Arms Undercover didn't like their .38 Special. The casings would get stuck in the cylinder after firing and require some force to remove. Otherwise, I've used 9mm, .308, 7.62x39, and 5.56mm with no issues in a variety of guns.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can’t afford brass 7.62x39 but yeah I only shoot non-corrosive Russian steel case ammo through my AKs. I mean the bren has a CHF barrel just like an AK it would laugh at steel cased ammo, I run it through my Aero M5e1 all the time wity just a nitrided barrel and it eats it up. If the Bren 2 took standard AK mags I would’ve bought one already. They also make “range-friendly” Tula that doesn’t attract a magnet and you can shoot it indoors. It’s not the casing they don’t want you to use it’s the steel projectile which will tear up their backstops.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I didn’t even know there was a “range friendly” version of Tula. Yeah, brass 7.62 is the hardest to find right now. Even using the wiki arms ammo engine... it’s slim pickings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My range allows any casings -- as long as the steel and aluminum don't end up in the brass bucket!!

Lookie here -- we've generated more posts in this one thread than the rest of the entire forum has done in a week! 😄

·
Registered
10 Posts
The mags are easier to find now. D&L is the largest importer of CZ products from what I understand. When I can’t find something, I usually turn to them and they can get it. Bought ten and tossed them in the safe. The black polymer ones hold up better that the clear ones. The feed lips fail on those.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My range allows any casings -- as long as the steel and aluminum don't end up in the brass bucket!!

Lookie here -- we've generated more posts in this one thread than the rest of the entire forum has done in a week! 😄
Lol... I could talk about guns for hours, but I actually have to go work now. Employees doing dumb stuff in the field and it’ll only escalate if I sit in the office. Peace.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Lol that’s what I was thinking as well. Yeah brass 7.62x39 is not only hard to find but damn expensive. But yes Tula makes a range friendly steel case with a lead core so it doesn’t attract a magnet. I’m really hoping one day CZ imports the .308 Bren that’s what I’m waiting for!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts