CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a CZ75 P-01 NATO/non-tactical*), 9mm, "limited capacity" per CZ (10 round mags) and am interested in a CZ75 BD for the retro/old school look and manual decocker. Being subject to California's 1-in-30 rule, I can pick up the CZ75 P-01 in mid-June.

I'm quite familiar and an okay shot with the Glock 17 and 19 in 9mm with rail-mounted lights and green laser. I have a DryFireMag that I practice daily with the Glocks with noticeable improvement in trigger control. I also have the .22LR conversion for the Glock 17 so I can simulate shooting and performing the manual of arms on 9mm at the range.

Being in California, I'm limited to 10 round mags and on-roster pistols, all of the above actually being in roster, but not in every variation (eg Gen 4 and Gen 5 Glocks are not on-roster).

My questions: what are the pros and cons of each and which would be better for home defense (I have stucco walls on two sides and a deep hill on a third, no kids in the house) and for SHTF?

* CZ-USA couldn't tell me whether or not mine will have the NSN marking on the frame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I always say go with what you are comfortable with. For me, a glock is a bad choice. The grip angle is off. My p-01 and sigs are almost spot on if I raise and point, glocks I am over their head. If you are in a tense situation (e.g., lead is flying back at you), you don't want to spend a lot of time adjusting your aim. You won't be able to do a lot of adjusting with your heart rate jacked up and adrenaline flowing. I am going to stick with cz and sig, you may do better with glock. For the shtf time, there are a lot more glocks than sigs or czs. Glock parts and mags will be easier to get.
I ordered a CZ75 P-01 NATO/non-tactical*), 9mm, "limited capacity" per CZ (10 round mags) and am interested in a CZ75 BD for the retro/old school look and manual decocker. Being subject to California's 1-in-30 rule, I can pick up the CZ75 P-01 in mid-June.

I'm quite familiar and an okay shot with the Glock 17 and 19 in 9mm with rail-mounted lights and green laser. I have a DryFireMag that I practice daily with the Glocks with noticeable improvement in trigger control. I also have the .22LR conversion for the Glock 17 so I can simulate shooting and performing the manual of arms on 9mm at the range.

Being in California, I'm limited to 10 round mags and on-roster pistols, all of the above actually being in roster, but not in every variation (eg Gen 4 and Gen 5 Glocks are not on-roster).

My questions: what are the pros and cons of each and which would be better for home defense (I have stucco walls on two sides and a deep hill on a third, no kids in the house) and for SHTF?

* CZ-USA couldn't tell me whether or not mine will have the NSN marking on the frame.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
55 Posts
Comparing the 2 platforms is very apples and oranges. Like PK said, go with what you are comfortable with. I am not a striker guy…I have a P10c that scratched that itch, but it never makes it out of the safe now. I prefer a DA/SA decocker, but that is a personal preference vs. a safety model.
as far as your home defense question, building material isn’t a consideration if you are talking about guns of the same caliber.
Parts? Mags. Probably a complete set of springs, and maybe different weight hammer and recoil springs would be good. And more mags.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a cz75b and a p 10 F ,the 75 is fantastic at the range or on my bedside table but too heavy for concealed carry. The p10 F shoots great and comfortable to carry but hard to conceal in the summer. For all day carry in the summer I use my Glock 23 in .40 cal. Hasn't failed me yet. And I can shoot a great pattern at 10 yards,consistently with it. I own Sigs,CZs,H&Ks,Walthers and Glocks love them all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a CZ 75B and a CZ 75 pre B. Both are great guns. I recently bought two CZ P01 pistols. One is a regular P01 and the other one is a SDP model from CZ Custom. I bought a trigger kit from Cajun Gun Works to smooth out and lighten the extremely heavy trigger pull of the regular, stock CZ P01. I ended up having a gunsmith install the trigger kit and glad I did because putting the sear cage back together is a son of a gun. The three springs are very small and one spring is the width of a human hair. Even the gunsmith said it gave him trouble putting the parts back together.

Even with the Cajun Gun Works trigger kit installed, the P01 SDP has a smoother, lighter trigger as well as night sights. But, the Cajun Gun Works trigger kit still gives you a much better, smoother and lighter trigger then the stock P01. So, you might check that out. I don't have the CZ 75 BD that you inquired about, so I can' help with that. The B and Pre B CZ 75 are great pistols, very accurate, very reliable, with reasonably light, smooth triggers. Lighter and smoother than the regular stock P01 trigger. If you get a chance to handle a CZ P01 SDP pull the trigger and you will want to trade in your stock P01 for the SDP and pay the extra difference as it's worth it. Of course I'm not familiar with the arcane, unconstitutional laws that you have in california, so, I don't know if you can even possess an SDP P01 model.

Oh, and I agree with those here who stated a disdain for Glock pistols. I've owned three and hate them because of their weird grip angle that throws my aim off and that disgusting, mushy split trigger. Try double taps and rapid fire wearing gloves during really cold days and see how good your accuracy is with that mushy trigger pull. And I do like striker fired pistols. I own four HK P7 M series (M8 and M13) pistols. Those are some spectacular striker fired 9mm pistols.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

·
Super Moderator
55 Posts
i have been shooting for 25 years. i have never picked up a glock at a lgs and thought i have to have this. they just don't feel right. i admit i am in the vast minority here but i much prefer CZ, HK, Sig and Kimber. i picked up a CZ P10s a few months ago and was very pleasantly surprised, then i picked up 2 P07s. last week i grabbed a P01 Omega. ended up putting Mcarbo spring kits in the P07s and P01 Omega. made a big difference and they are all great shooters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts