CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a CZ75 P-01 NATO/non-tactical*), 9mm, "limited capacity" per CZ (10 round mags) and am interested in a CZ75 BD for the retro/old school look and manual decocker. Being subject to California's 1-in-30 rule, I can pick up the CZ75 P-01 in mid-June.

I'm quite familiar and an okay shot with the Glock 17 and 19 in 9mm with rail-mounted lights and green laser. I have a DryFireMag that I practice daily with the Glocks with noticeable improvement in trigger control. I also have the .22LR conversion for the Glock 17 so I can simulate shooting and performing the manual of arms on 9mm at the range.

Being in California, I'm limited to 10 round mags and on-roster pistols, all of the above actually being in roster, but not in every variation (eg Gen 4 and Gen 5 Glocks are not on-roster).

My questions: what are the pros and cons of each and which would be better for home defense (I have stucco walls on two sides and a deep hill on a third, no kids in the house) and for SHTF?

* CZ-USA couldn't tell me whether or not mine will have the NSN marking on the frame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I always say go with what you are comfortable with. For me, a glock is a bad choice. The grip angle is off. My p-01 and sigs are almost spot on if I raise and point, glocks I am over their head. If you are in a tense situation (e.g., lead is flying back at you), you don't want to spend a lot of time adjusting your aim. You won't be able to do a lot of adjusting with your heart rate jacked up and adrenaline flowing. I am going to stick with cz and sig, you may do better with glock. For the shtf time, there are a lot more glocks than sigs or czs. Glock parts and mags will be easier to get.
I ordered a CZ75 P-01 NATO/non-tactical*), 9mm, "limited capacity" per CZ (10 round mags) and am interested in a CZ75 BD for the retro/old school look and manual decocker. Being subject to California's 1-in-30 rule, I can pick up the CZ75 P-01 in mid-June.

I'm quite familiar and an okay shot with the Glock 17 and 19 in 9mm with rail-mounted lights and green laser. I have a DryFireMag that I practice daily with the Glocks with noticeable improvement in trigger control. I also have the .22LR conversion for the Glock 17 so I can simulate shooting and performing the manual of arms on 9mm at the range.

Being in California, I'm limited to 10 round mags and on-roster pistols, all of the above actually being in roster, but not in every variation (eg Gen 4 and Gen 5 Glocks are not on-roster).

My questions: what are the pros and cons of each and which would be better for home defense (I have stucco walls on two sides and a deep hill on a third, no kids in the house) and for SHTF?

* CZ-USA couldn't tell me whether or not mine will have the NSN marking on the frame.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
55 Posts
Comparing the 2 platforms is very apples and oranges. Like PK said, go with what you are comfortable with. I am not a striker guy…I have a P10c that scratched that itch, but it never makes it out of the safe now. I prefer a DA/SA decocker, but that is a personal preference vs. a safety model.
as far as your home defense question, building material isn’t a consideration if you are talking about guns of the same caliber.
Parts? Mags. Probably a complete set of springs, and maybe different weight hammer and recoil springs would be good. And more mags.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well I’m a bad example but I can’t stand Glocks and would never buy one. CZ till I die for sure I shoot so much better with them and personally love SA/DA pistols period I don’t like striker fired guns

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a cz75b and a p 10 F ,the 75 is fantastic at the range or on my bedside table but too heavy for concealed carry. The p10 F shoots great and comfortable to carry but hard to conceal in the summer. For all day carry in the summer I use my Glock 23 in .40 cal. Hasn't failed me yet. And I can shoot a great pattern at 10 yards,consistently with it. I own Sigs,CZs,H&Ks,Walthers and Glocks love them all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts